Transporte ferroviário

Entrevistas a Tineka Frederiks - Países Baixos

 

School Cidade de Castelo Branco, Portugal

We are students aged 12 and 13 years old, from a school in Portugal.

We are studying the use of the rail transport in Europe and why people use it.

So, we would like to ask you to answer the following questions.

Thanks in advance,

The European Club of Escola Cidade de Castelo Branco – Portugal

 

ENTERVIEW

1 – What´s your name?

My name is Tineke Frederiks

2 – Where do you live? (town and country)

I live in Alkmaar, The Netherlands

3 – What´s your job?

I’m a teacher at University for Applied Scienes iPabo in Amsterdam and Alkmaar. We offer a Bachelor for teacher education.

4 - Do you use rail transport? In what situations do you use it? (To go to your workplace, to travel for leisure...)

I travel by train if I work in Amsterdam.

If you use it to go to your workplace, please answer the following questions:

5 – Do you use the rail transport every day?

Usually (without Covid-19) 1 to 2 days a week.

6 – From where to where do you go by train?

From Alkmaar (Central) station to Amsterdam Sloterdijk

7 – At what time do you take the train?

7.27

8 – How much time is your trip?

28 minutes by train. After that I’ll take the underground for a few minutes. Total traveling time for home to work is around 1 hour and 15 minutes.

9 – Could you use another type of transport? Which one?

I could travel by car.

10 – Why do you choose the train? (Is it cheaper? Is it faster? More comfortable? Another reason… )

It’s very expensive to park the car in Amsterdam, it’s not good for the environment and most of the days my husband uses our car to go to work.

11 – How do you go from your home to the train station? And from the train station to your workplace?

I go by bike from home to the train station. From the train station to my workplace I use the underground and then I’ll have to walk 10 minutes.

12 – If you use a bicycle from home to the train station do you take it with you in the train?

No, I park it at the train station.

13 – When you travel by train are all the seats taken? (is the train full?)

Pre-Covid all seats were taken at the way back.

14 - Are there any passengers traveling standing up? Did it happen to you any time?

Yes, there are! Especially between 16.30 and 18.00. But after a few stops I can sit, because others are leaving the train.

15 – Do you think the train is more environmentally friendly than the car? Why?

I do think so, because of the emissions by cars and the Dutch trains run on wind energy!
(I couldn’t find an English source:
https://www.voordewereldvanmorgen.nl/artikelen/reizen-met-de-trein-hoe-duurzaam-is-dat-eigenlijk. This article is about the green energy.)

16 – If you travel in between European countries, do you prefer the train or the plane? Explain your preference, please.

I prefer the train, because it’s better for the environment. I hope there will be more fast trains in the nearby future! Therefore, I think the New Green Deal of the European Union is also very important.

17 – Is there any subject related to rail transport that you consider important to refer and we didn't ask you?

-

18 - Could you provide us with a photo of yourself to publish in our work?

It’s on the next page. Good luck with your study!

Thank you very much for your attention and the time you spent with us.

The European Club.



 

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

6. ANO EUROPEU DO PATRIMÓNIO CULTURAL - Lenda da Sr.ª de Valverde

1. ANO EUROPEU DO PATRIMÓNIO CULTURAL